- A bond of $500.00 must accompany the booking form to confirm your booking
- This bond will be refunded less any charges for damages to facilities or equipment, graffiti found and any additional cleaning required after departure.
Deposit & Payment
- A deposit will be required 3 months prior to your booking. This will be based on $5.00 per person per day subject to a minimum of $500.00.
- Payment of your account is required on departure from camp unless prior arrangement has been made.
- A 5% surcharge will be added to any account not paid on departure
- All cancellations must be advised in writing.
- Your deposit will be refunded only where we are able to re-book that space. The bond is non-refundable
Rules and Behaviour
- It is your responsibility to provide adequate adult supervision for your group at all times. (Min 1 : 6)
- We reserve the right to dismiss campers who do not adhere to our rules.
- Camp must be quiet between 10.30 pm and 7.00 am.
- Kiwi Ranch – Curious Cove is a smokefree workplace.
- No ALCOHOL, drugs, chewing gum, animals, or firearms are permitted on the premises.
- All damages are to be reported. The cost of any damage to property will be charged to your account.
- A fire permit must be obtained if required.
- Camp grounds and all cabins and rooms used by your group must be left clean and tidy before you leave. Camp staff will check to see this is done satisfactorily.
- A cleaning surcharge will be deducted from your bond for any areas that require additional cleaning after departure.
- Campers are expected to help with daily duties as follows:
- Setting tables each meal time
- Clearing tables & sweeping the dining room after each meal
- Vegetables (to be done after breakfast each day)
- Cleaning bathrooms (to be done after breakfast each day) – there are 4 separate areas, needing 2-4 groups
- Rubbish and grounds (to be done after breakfast each day)
- Morning, afternoon tea & supper preparation & clean up
- Duty groups should be between 4 – 10 campers.
- A cabin inspection should be done each day.
- Our staff do the cooking for you. Breakfast is served at 8:00 am, and Dinner at 5:30 pm.
- A packed/picnic lunch will be made available each day with everyone making their own at 9 am. Everyone should have a drink bottle
- Cakes, biscuits and/ or fruit for morning, afternoon teas and suppers to be supplied by you. Tea, coffee, Milo, and juice provided.
- Nescafe coffee machine available for adults@ 50c per cup.
- Those with special dietary needs may need to bring supplements.
- The camp can accommodate 130 people in blocks of small cabins which sleep either 2 or 3 persons (see camp plan)
- Cabins contain beds with a mattress and pillow, but you must bring your own pillowcase.
- Our camp is 12 kms from Picton, in Queen Charlotte Sound.
- As we have no road access, our launch ‘Tira Hou’will meet you at the Commercial Wharf next to the Picton Interislander Ferry Terminal.
- The trip to Curious Cove takes approx 1 hour.
- Our launch has a maximum passenger load of 69. If your group is larger than this, we will book another launch.
- As luggage has to be loaded into the hold of the launch, only soft bags are allowable. Please DO NOT bring large suitcases.